Morrison Correctional Institution
Closes: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Commercial cleaning operations necessary to clean and care for building; operation and maintenance of equipment, chemical and non-chemical cleaning operations; sanitation, safety, and management of custodian businesses and services. Understand and teach aspects of general building custodial services; monitor, motivate and prepare students for entry into the work force upon release; develop vocational education curriculum; accurately keep records and submit required documentation.
Associate's degree preferred. Certificate or degree in field of instruction preferred. Considerable knowledge of commercial cleaning and the ability to teach inmates with, three to five years’ experience in the field of instruction preferred.
General Description of the Position:
The Occupational Extension Instructor, under the direction of the Director of Adult Education and High School Equivalency and the authority of the Vice President for Workforce and Economic Development and in cooperation with the Morrison Correctional Institution’s educational department, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned continuing education area.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Provide classroom instruction and work-based learning experiences related to commercial cleaning.
- Administer proficiency examinations and stay abreast of student’s classroom needs.
- Assist in the continual evaluation of the curriculum, developing course outlines, teaching outlines, and course descriptions as required.
- Maintain a current course outline file in the Workforce and Economic Development office.
- Recommend textbooks, materials, supplies, and equipment needed to support the program.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by the WED department and Business Office and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Keep College administration informed of matters pertaining to the program.
- Abide by all of the directives set forth in the formal agreement between Richmond Community College and Morrison Correctional Institution.
- Enforce and comply with the correct use of chemicals and equipment as trained.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: October 16, 2017. Open until filled. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of college transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 7, Starting range $33,014-$41,268, commensurate with experience. Full-time.