Scotland Correctional Institute
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Commercial cleaning operations necessary to clean and care for building; operation and maintenance of equipment, chemical and non-chemical cleaning operations; sanitation, safety, and management of custodian businesses and services. Understand and teach aspects of general building custodial services; monitor, motivate and prepare students for entry into the work force upon release; develop vocational education curriculum; accurately keep records and submit required documentation.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate's degree or certificate in field of instruction preferred. Three to five years of experience in the field of commercial cleaning preferred.
Experience working in a correctional setting preferred.
The Commercial Cleaning Instructor, under the direction of the Dean of Adult Education and the authority of the Vice President for Instruction and in cooperation with the Scotland Correctional Institution’s educational department, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned continuing education area of commercial cleaning. Employment is conditional upon approval from NCDPS.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Instruct students effectively in the area of commercial cleaning in both a lecture and lab setting.
- Administer proficiency examinations and stay abreast of student’s classroom needs.
- Assist in the continual evaluation of the curriculum, developing course outlines, teaching outlines, and course descriptions as required.
- Update course content and request supplies and instructional materials as needed.
- Recommend textbooks, materials, supplies, and equipment needed to support the program.
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete records as required while maintaining student confidentiality.
- Adhere to the schedule as defined in the employment agreement and class contracts.
- Attend and participate in staff and committee meetings.
- Keep college administration informed of matters pertaining to his/her program.
- Abide by the directives set forth in the formal agreement between Richmond Community College and Scotland Correctional Institution.
- Complete all mandatory training and maintain the ability to work within a DPS facility by insuring compliance with all NCDPS policy and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating class recruiting efforts to ensure optimal class enrollment numbers, student retention and student completions.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED