3395 Airport Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374
Closes: Friday, August 25, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- An Associate Degree in Secretarial Science, Business or related area.
- Two years of successful experience.
- Solid knowledge of multi-line switchboard operations.
- Scheduling flexibility,
- Excellent communications and clerical skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and follow procedures.
- Must be able to precisely convey messages verbally and via written correspondence.
- Extremely comfortable engaging with people in person and over the phone
Some emergency call center experience preferred
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a Communications Coordinator. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with excellent customer service and technical skills, and interacts with all areas of the campus and the surrounding community. This position operates the switchboard while serving as the college receptionist under the supervisory guidance of the Director of Audiovisual Services. The Communications Coordinator insures that all aspects of the college switchboard operation and related functions are accomplished accurately and in a professional and timely manner. The coordinator keeps informed of activities taking place on campus sponsored by the college and the community and provides back-up coverage for planned or unplanned absences of other operators. The coordinator also maintains the operational status of the college phone system.