201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
Closes: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or HSE/GED required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Dispatching or switchboard experience required.
- Fingerprinting required upon hire.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification required. In addition to the standard background check, this position requires having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.
- Law enforcement or security experience preferred.
- North Carolina Telecommunicator certification preferred.
- National Emergency Medical Dispatch Training certification preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 8/26/21
Serve as communications specialist for the Campus Police and Security Department; evaluate and process calls from the College community for emergency services; dispatch Campus Police and other College departments as needed. Process incoming calls through the College's main switchboard while maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with Campus Police, Security, and other College personnel by use of the police/security radio system. Interact with other agencies and departments as required. Receive, evaluate, and process calls from the College community for emergency services and for events as necessary.
- Receive and process incoming calls through the College's main switchboard. In collaboration with Technology Services, maintain appropriate College greetings as part of the main switchboard function. Become familiar with the College's academic calendar and proactively stay abreast of various College-related events, course offerings, etc. to assist, answer inquiries from, and guide students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Perform responsible, professional, and technical administrative work relating to the development and maintenance of the College's emergency communications equipment including the Emergency Notification System (GC Alert), camera surveillance system, and the public address system.
- Responsible for the Campus Police Division Criminal Information Network (DCI), and may serve as the department's Assistant Terminal Agency Coordinator (ATAC). Must be DCI and TAC certifiable within 90 days of employment. Maintain Evolve software and related software programs pertaining to DCI.
- Request computerized criminal history reports, including sex offender registry, and maintain confidentiality of all information received.
- Perform responsible, professional, and technical administrative work relating to the development and maintenance of the College's faculty, staff, and student identification system.
- Use knowledge of various office machines, software, Internet, and electronic mail to assist Campus Police as assigned.
- Assist the Chief of Police in dissemination of information.
- Greet, screen, and direct visitors to proper office or person; provide basic information to visitors and/or callers concerning Campus Police activities and College programs.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College's policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein described.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact