Old Charlotte Highway Campus, Monroe, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Possession of or willingness to work towards completion of a NCCCS-recognized College and Career Readiness teaching credential (new hires will have up to two years from hire date to complete a teaching credential)
• Evidence of a career that involves
o Sensitivity to students with different learning abilities
o Effective problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
o Patient, helpful, and cooperative attitude in working with students and staff
• A minimum of one (1) year experience working with individuals with ID/DD
• A minimum of one (1) year experience with using online instructional resources
• Experience developing lesson plans for students with varied skill levels
• Demonstrated ability to multitask
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
The Compass Education Instructor is a part-time position located on the Old Charlotte Highway Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Compass Education Coordinator, the Compass Education Instructor will provide educational opportunities for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD). Classes focus on helping the individual become as independent and self-directed as possible by acquiring the basic academic and life skills needed to function successfully in daily living. The goal of the program is to assist students in transitioning to a higher level of education and/or employment.
• Provide appropriate leveled instruction to students enrolled in the Compass Education Program.
• Develop contextualized lesson plans for students with varied skill levels.
• Develop student activities to strengthen employability skills
• Maintain accurate course-related paperwork
• Additional duties as assigned by the program coordinator