- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates Degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Aided Drafting or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years teaching/training experience in a computer aided drafting related job such as:
- Technical Training Instructor
- High School Drafting Faculty
- Community College Faculty
- VAR Technical Trainer
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate skills needed to communicate Computer Aided Drafting (Design) knowledge.
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively in educational/training environments
- Computer literate
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Aided Drafting or a related field
- Teaching experience
- Industry Recognized Credentials (ex. AutoCad Certified, SolidWorks Certifications CSWP and above, Chief Architect Certified, Revit Certified, etc.)
Target Start Date: August 15, 2021
Type: Full-time, 9 month
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Provide effective instruction to students in the classroom by preparing for each learning experience, providing supplemental materials to enhance lessons, and using effective evaluation methods to evaluate student performance in curriculum and continuing education courses.
Support student learning outside of the classroom by holding regular office hours, providing information about additional resources outside of class, and responding to emails and phone calls in a timely manner so as to promote student success.
Support curriculum development by participating in the creation and evaluation of courses, curriculum, and programs, participating in program advisory committees, attending departmental meetings, and serving as backup for other faculty members.
Promote the success of the college by participating in standing committees and following college professional and ethical guidelines.
Maintain teaching and work environment by maintaining equipment and supplies, ensuring overall cleanliness, functionality, and conformance to OSHA standards to provide a safe work environment.
Stay current in chosen field and teaching methodology by meeting or exceeding all institutional professional development guidelines, participating in professional development workshops and seminars, and participating in professional organizations and reading journals in the teaching and field of Computer Aided Design.
Maintain accurate records such as attendance, grades, information for accreditation, and other important data and submit reports according to college policies.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Create and carry out lesson plans to ensure industry relevant content in courses.
- Assess student learning outcomes
- Assist the Department head in maintaining an accurate inventory of program supplies.
- Teach according to department lesson plans and maintain proper record keeping.
- Classes may include: board drafting, AutoCad I & II, Revit, SolidWorks I & II, Chief Architect, as well as blueprint reading, among others.
- Recruitment and advising of students
- Assisting in student club activities
- Successful candidate must have the ability to operate and maintain equipment associated with the Computer Aided Drafting department
- Maintenance of classroom and laboratory areas (including storage spaces, offices and department display cases)
- Assess enrollment trends, feedback from evaluations and observations to continually improve class lectures, content and student success.
- Development of course plans, syllabi, classroom assignments and tests
- Assist with student advising, planning and recruiting at events both on and off campus.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest, transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application
The position reports to the Department Head of Computer Aided Drafting & Mechanical Engineering Technology and will work in conjunction with the curriculum program.
Based upon assigned class schedules which may include; days, evenings, weekends and break periods as required.