- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
Minimum of three years work experience in the computer information technology field; teaching/training experience; the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with faculty, staff, students and others.
Preference will be given to applicants with: experience in an administrative role in a community college setting; and familiarity with North Carolina Community College curriculum structure and processes.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Coordinate and oversee the operations of the Information Technology department
- Prepare class schedules
- Identify and assign teaching responsibilities to full-time and adjunct faculty
- Identify and assess student learning outcomes
- Evaluate faculty performance
- Advise students
- Teach according to the college load formula
- Develop and manage a program budget
- Develop a plan and participate in organized activities to recruit students and market the program to increase enrollment
- Oversee the maintenance and upgrade of computer lab hardware and software
- Maintain established partnerships with local companies
- Coordinate work-based learning opportunities for students
- Update departmental section of the college's web site
- Create and modify pathways for Career and College Promise students
- Review all distance learning courses every two years to ensure these are meeting the latest distance learning standards
- Recruit members from the community to serve on advisory committees
- Schedule conduct, report and chair the semi-annual advisory committee meetings
- Recommend and implement curriculum changes based on feedback from advisory committee members
- Serve on college standing and ad hoc committees
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!
A screening committee will select, invite and interview the best-qualified applicants.
Candidates for full time faculty positions will be asked to present a 10-15 min teaching demonstration during the interview.