- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A.A.S. in machining technology or related manufacturing field, three years of working experience in manufacturing, professional experience setting up and operating CNC milling/turning machines; ability to interpret mechanical prints; and experience in use of precision measurement equipment.
A candidate should have fluency in FANUC (G&M code) programming; and fluency in CAD/CAM software such as Autodesk Inventor or similar solid modeling program.
Preference will be given to applicants with Bachelor's or Master's degree in related applied/manufacturing technologies degree areas and teaching experience in a community college setting.
Applicants should be expect to demonstrate skills needed to teach program courses.
Alamance Community College (ACC) is seeking a to work with in the Computer Integrated Machining Department. Requirements include the ability to teach fundamental and advanced concepts, skills and knowledge towards the machining technology field. Topics include print reading, shop math, precision measurement, manual and CNC machine basic setup and operation. Position may include day end evening course load. Candidate must also be willing to teach in the career and college promise program.
An instructor in the Computer Integrated Machining Department is a full-time faculty member who is a content specialist in a specific area of instruction and is expected to demonstrate a visibly active role in maintaining the assigned content area in a comprehensive, current, and responsible manner. The Instructor reports to and has responsibilities delegated by the Department Head of Computer Integrated Machining.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Create and carry out lesson plans to ensure industry relevant content in courses.
- Assess student learning outcomes
- Assist the Department head in maintaining an accurate inventory of program supplies.
- Assist it the maintenance and selection of department equipment.
- Advise students
- Teach according to the college load formula
- Work with department Head to plan and participate in organized activities to recruit students and market the program to increase enrollment
- Maintain established partnerships with local companies
- Work with Career and College Promise students
- Review all distance learning courses every two years to ensure these are meeting the latest distance learning standards
- Serve on college standing and ad hoc committees
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest, transcript attachment and philosophy of teaching and learning as it relates to the community college setting. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application