Haywood Community College - Regional High Tech Center
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution and demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline
- At least three years of experience working as a machinist
- Must have CNC experience and very familiar with CNC programming
- Industry recognized credentials such as NIMS
- Previous teaching experience at a community college or university, experience using instructional technologies, and teaching online courses are preferred
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to provide students with quality instruction. Coursework may include manual machining, computer applications, machining calculations, computer-aided drafting (CAD), computer-aided machining (CAM), blueprint interpretation, advanced computerized numeric control (CNC) equipment, basic and advanced machining operations, precision measurement and high-speed multi-axis machining
9-month faculty based on spring and fall academic semesters. Anticipated hire date is January 3, 2022.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The instructor will be responsible for the following duties
- Advising students;
- Maintaining office hours;
- Assisting with registration;
- Serving on College committees;
- Developing curriculum;
- Maintaining professional competence;
- Participation in professional development activities
- Maintain annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepare course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conduct evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintain records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Maintain posted office hours as required by College policy and procedure and be available for student conferences and tutoring.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure and discussing results with Dean or Program Manager.
- Participate in the development and implementation of articulation programs and agreements and promote student participation in such programs.
- Provide students with academic and career advisement and assistance in transferability as appropriate.
- Work with students and employers in occupational settings, on-the-job training, practicums, internships and similar work-related situations as needed.
- Maintain professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Donate academic expertise in the local, state or national community when appropriate to fulfill the community relations goals of the College.
- Serve on faculty, college and/or University and Community College System of North Carolina committees as appropriate.
- Support and encourage college-sponsored activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Learn new guidelines and processes in performing duties and advising students
- Create a student-centered environment
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community
- Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status