Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Hotel /Restaurant Management or related field. One to two years of experience supporting a customer and/or sales/marketing function; experience with industry specific software relating to space and contact management (i.e. Delphi, EMS, Underbach)
Harris Conference Center (HCC) is a full-service executive conference facility, featuring over 12,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, convenient amenities, state of the art technology and a beautiful appointed art gallery. HCC hosts an average of 200 meetings and events each year, serving over 20,000 attendees.
The Conference Services Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the conference planning and detail process at the Harris Conference Center (HCC)
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new prospects and clients for the HCC through research and solicitation; qualifies leads and generates interests with clients for services available at HCC.
- Coordinates and supports projects and functions relating to sales and marketing of services for the HCC, with emphasis on social media.
- Prepares proposals, contracts menus and banquet event orders. Makes changes to requirements as needed.
- Conducts tours of facilities for prospects and clients as needed.
- Works with assigned groups through life of the meeting, preparing proposals, contracts, banquet event orders and room diagrams.
- Opens building to ensure catering staff and rooms set properly; resolves issues with clients satisfactorily or engages an administrator to assist if issues cannot be resolved
- Performs post-event follow-up and evaluation on a timely basis; makes recommendations for improvements based on clients’ feedback.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must have strong listening and questioning skills
- Must be able to make sales presentations
- Must have excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Must have ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Typical office environment
- Limited physical demands includes pushing tables, handling chairs and some light lifting occasionally
How to Apply
Job Post Contact