Southern Wake Campus
Closes: Friday, October 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field;
Seven years of experience in construction or related field;
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
Professional certification or license in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
Pay Grade: Coordinator 10
As the College’s on-site representative, the Construction Quality Assurance Coordinator performs observation of all phases of capital construction projects and reports on project progress. This position will coordinate with contractors to ensure recommendations for acceptance of completed work are followed.
Responsibilities and Duties (*Essential Functions):*Reads and interprets construction plans and specifications, construction quality assurance requirements, project documentations, and architectural and engineering blueprints to ensure conformance of work by contractors.
* Monitors construction schedule, progress, and contractor staffing.
* Performs regular observations of construction projects with regard to quality, quantity of materials, installation methods used, conformity to specifications and recognized industry standards, owner's intent, requirements, and contract documents.
* Documents and reports field observation discrepancies and testing failures to the Project Manager and Director. Aides in developing or approving acceptable methods of resolution to discrepancies.
* Reports site and project discrepancies to the appropriate parties.
* Confers with architects, engineers, code officials and field representatives.
*Attends meetings including but not limited to: design, pre-construction, weekly/monthly construction progress, pre-installation, commissioning, punch list and closeout meetings.
Generates and compiles field and observation reports.
Monitors that all safety precautions and traffic control meaures are in place and operational.
Arranges required observation of key material or methods testing with designated governing authorities.
Completes annual applied benchmark project on an individual or group basis.