Sanford, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 3, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's in a related field AND experience in the related trades, OR
- An alternate portfolio with demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline (certifications, work experience, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or in a related field.
- Knowledge and experience in construction trade technologies
- College or university teaching experience
- Experience with online instructional platforms such as Blackboard
CCCC is recruiting an Adjunct Instructor in Construction Technologies to instruct YouthBuild students at various CCCC locations. YouthBuild is a program that provides career pathways for eligible youth and young adults who are unemployed and out-of-school.
The purpose of an adjunct instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessments that document learning has occurred.
The primary intent of these courses is to
- Introduce students to construction tools, building materials, and working safely.
- Implement communication skills and professional demeanor to advance best work practices.
- Develop skills in print reading, estimating, codes and regulations relevant to the construction industry.
- Apply building construction techniques and analyze the theories and principles fundamental to building science from the small details and tricks-of-the-trade to the big picture.
- Establish connections and relationships with businesses and potential employers.