OCH Campus in Monroe, NC
Closes: Sunday, February 28, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• In-depth body of knowledge related to construction technology
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal code and regulations as related to facilities
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
The Construction/Project Manager is a part-time position (10-20 hours per week) primarily located onsite at the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Facilities, this position will assist in planning, directing, and coordinating activities related to construction of structures, facilities, and/or systems. Participate in the conceptual development of new construction projects and/or renovation projects. Oversee construction organization, scheduling, and implementation in a multi-location environment to ensure a high level of quality and safety. Interact with the college’s Senior Leadership Team, contracted design firms, construction companies, and state and local authorities to carry out the college’s vision as it relates to facilities in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner.
• Assist in planning, directing, and coordinating activities related to construction of structures, facilities, and/or systems.
• Evaluate project specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
• Participate in the conceptual development of new construction projects and/or renovation projects.
• Oversee construction organization, scheduling, and implementation on the College’s behalf to ensure the project is constructed in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner.
• Ensure the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
• Inspect and review construction projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
• Make recommendations regarding contracts and revisions as well as changes and additions to contractual agreements.
• Serve as liaison to the College’s Senior Leadership Team and Executive Director of Facilities, and act as a technical authority relative to common construction practices.