Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum: This job requires no minimum experience.
Preferred: Associate's Degree
Provide an oral presentation, in either Spanish or English, of text for exams and/or assignments for students receiving services with Johnston Community College's Disability Support Services.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read verbatim the presented material.
- Speak clearly and correctly, reading printed test material accurately and with no bias.
- Learn and utilize adaptive equipment for test taking.
- Communicate with instructors, students, and the Coordinator of Retention and Disability Services in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend exam instructions and materials, short correspondence, homework assignments, and assigned reading materials in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to read test questions, directions, and answer choices to the test taker in an unbiased manner.
- Ability to use correct grammar.
- Ability to familiarize oneself with technical notations/symbols used with the content matter.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to insure final product is accurate and complete with no omissions or misquotes.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact