Sandhills Community College
Closes: Thursday, June 2, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Fire Service, Emergency Services, and a North Carolina Qualified Fire/Rescue Instructor.
Associates degree in Emergency Services, Fire Technology, or related field.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving as the Instructor of the Fire & Rescue Training Programs of Sandhills Community College and its affiliated business, fire, and emergency services partners.
- Maintaining appropriate classroom standards that include the effective management of students in the classroom and the physical management of classroom and training facilities.
- Developing and recommending class schedules cooperatively with other departments and divisions of the college and submitting to the Fire & Rescue Director in Continuing Education.
- Directing the development of course schedules, training schedules, and/or other educational activities for assigned programs.
- Identifying and/or recommending equipment needed to teach the competencies prescribed in the approved curriculum by the SCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and accrediting entities.
- Recommending adjunct faculty to the Fire & Rescue Director to teach courses as needed in his or her assigned program.
- Developing strategies for providing training services with local, state, and national entities.
- Fostering meaningful relationships with internal and external partners to effectively carry out the purpose of the office.
- Assisting the community college and other approved entities with workshops, seminars, and support services, as requested.
The Admissions and Community Recruitment Specialist will be expected to stay current with trends in higher education and possibly serve on campus-wide committees that are charged with enhancing student success.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an Sandhills Community College Application for Employment and submit a Professional Resume, photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Sandhills Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment.