133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and ethically conduct oneself.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Vary depending on the discipline.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The college prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty, or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
Applications submitted for continuous recruitment opportunities will remain active for 6 months
HIRING SALARY RANGE
MINIMUM HIRING SALARY: DEPENDS ON QUALIFICATIONS
The college continuously accepts applications for part-time continuing education teaching positions in Allied Health (Phlebotomy, Pharmacy Tech, Medical Assisting, etc…), Computer/Networking and related courses, Skilled Trades (Welding, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, etc.…), Public Safety (Fire, Law Enforcement, EMS), Medical Coding & Billing, Cake Decorating, Various ConED/Workforce Development Instructors, and CDL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed, while in other cases, related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares instruction that reflects appropriate learning objectives
- Uses formative and summative assessment techniques to improve learning and teaching
- Constructs classroom materials that support the goals of the course
- Prepares thoroughly for each instructional hour
- Instructs and guides the class in an efficient and effective manner
- Designs curriculum and a schedule of instruction
- Uses course materials such as: Moodle, WebAssign, MS Office, Course Compass, and Internet applications effectively
- Remains up-to-date on technology and methods of teaching with technology
- Maintains accurate records of student work and attendance
- Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment
- Grades and returns student work in a timely manner
- Counsels students regarding their grades and progress in the course
- Supports the Department, Division, and College goals, providing requested data in a timely manner
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to the position.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees as directed by the supervisor.