Closes: Monday, January 9, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from an accredited community college or junior college
- Three years’ experience working in an educational setting
- Strong communication, problem-solving, verbal, and written skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Adherence to FERPA guidelines and student records confidentiality practices
- Ability to create and manage organizational processes
- Ability to learn continuing education courses, policies, and procedures. Ability to transfer that knowledge to both staff and students
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to conduct oneself with a high level of professionalism in both internal support and student advising roles
- Ability to thoroughly assess needs of individuals and exercise good judgment in decision making
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years’ experience in community college continuing education or student services role
Under the joint supervision of the Vice President of Workforce and Community Engagement and the Associate Vice President of Student Services and in accordance with the overall plan of Vance-Granville Community College, the Continuing Education Registrar/Advisor works collaboratively with the Registrar and Assistant Registrar to ensure proper retention and compliance of continuing education (CE) records.
This position is assigned to the VGCC Main Campus in Henderson, NC; although, some travel to other counties in the college’s service area is possible. Consistent with VGCC’s Teleworking Policy, this position is eligible for up to 1 day per week of telework after the first 6 months of employment in this position upon your supervisor’s approval.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Maintain continuing education records per VGCC and North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) standards.
- Prepare for NCCCS and other compliance visits
- Supply enrollment verifications of current CE and College and Career Readiness (CCR) students
- Review and submit CE-ICR Data Card Reports after each semester
- Identify and track CE to curriculum (CU) cohort students
- Serves as an advisor to assist students with the registration process for non-credit classes. Advises executive leadership on additional expansion of CE advising needs
- Cross trains other advising personnel with non-credit registration processes
- Identify CE students that successfully complete eligible CE-CU articulated credit
- Notify CU departments of potential eligibility for credit
- Assist with implementation of Destiny One, the new continuing education student information system
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive within the College’s service area for public relations events
- Commitment to demonstrating VGCC values
How to Apply
Job Post Contact