Closes: Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum one year of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving skills in assessing needs, planning, making data-informed decisions, and evaluating results
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and distinguish between the important and the urgent
- Computer competencies for collecting and storing data, preparing reports, and analyzing and disseminating information
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment toward a shared vision
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community
- Experience with data management
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of diversity, equity and inclusion to ensure student learning and success. We seek candidates who will not only enhance our representational diversity but whose research, teaching, and community engagement efforts contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty. Our goal is to identify individuals who will assist in our mission, so that everyone has the opportunity to succeed at Davidson-Davie Community College.
Our benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of our students, faculty and staff. The future is here!
The Continuing Education Registration Specialist serves all of Continuing Education programs with class registration and payment processes. The position collaborates with the business office and continuing education leadership to ensure accurate records and payments. The Registration Specialist reports to the Dean of Workforce and Community Engagement and performs the following functions:
Processes Continuing Education (non-credit) course registrations and payments utilizing the current computer system.
Responds in a timely manner to inquiries by students, faculty, and staff.
Assists students with online registration processes.
Answers calls to the Continuing Education phone lines and greets individuals seeking assistance.
Reviews registration reports on a regular basis to ensure information is accurate and updated.
Reconciles payments collected with current computer system and submits reports and payments to the Business Office daily.
Fields student inquiries and communicates with Business Office regarding refunds for dropped or canceled courses.
Works collaboratively with other support staff to develop cross-training opportunities and knowledge sharing.
Maintains a high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
Supports the mission, vision, and values of the College and attends College events and meetings.
Performs other related duties as assigned.