Closes: Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Contract Management or related field, AND
- Three years working experience in contract administration, state regulations governing purchase by state institutions, and data entry experience.
- Experience with North Carolina Bid Laws preferred.
- A J.D. or MBA is preferred and may count towards the experience requirement.
The Contract Administrator works independently under the general supervision of the Vice President of Administrative Services. This position has the responsibility to develop, coordinate, and review contracts, leases, memorandum of understandings, and other miscellaneous documents in coordination with management and other legal staff. Employee must exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in various phases of work.
- Review, revise, draft, and advise relevant staff on documents including contracts, leases, memorandum of understandings, and related documents under consideration by the College.
- Monitor the performance of contracts to ensure compliance with stated terms and conditions.
- Maintain database of contracts and ensures contract renewals and cancelations are initiated in a timely manner.
- Serve a liaison for faculty, staff, administrators, legal and vendors regarding contracts issues and status.
- Ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ensure contracts are executed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Receive requests, update records, initiate paperwork, provide follow-up and obtain approval for changes.
- Monitor contract files and prepare documents for contract renewal or cancelation.
- Resolve contract payment disputes and confer with vendors and other divisions concerning contract payments and compliance.
- Prepare reports for audit and administrative purposes.
- Research and evaluate new or changed laws regarding contracts.
- Assist in preparing contract bid documents.
- Assist purchasing staff with bidding process and document preparation/review.
- Research, draft, review, and/or edit policies and procedures, contracts, deeds, leases, and other documents for the College.
- Collaborate with grants department to ensure understanding of contract needs and compliance with various regulations and laws.
- Assist with College risk management activities by requiring indemnification and insurance provisions in College contracts; ensure receipt and review of certificates of insurance, performance and payment bonds upon receipt; reviews safety manual and procedures.
- Assist with the processing of claims against the College through coordination with the College liability insurance providers as necessary.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform related duties as required.