Closes: Thursday, November 14, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, accounting, finance, business management or related field.
- A broad experience in bookkeeping, fund and payroll accounting.
- Master’s degree preferred.
The Controller assists the Dean of Administrative & Fiscal Services in the management of state, federal, local, and institutional funds through accurate and efficient recording, classification, control and reporting of all revenues and expenditures. Duties must be performed in strict accord with general statutes, and state, local, federal, and institutional policies, procedures, guidelines and are subject to annual audit. Provide administrative support for the Dean of Administrative & Fiscal Services as needed.
- Supervise activities relating to purchasing, equipment and inventory, payables, receivables, cashiering, registration/students and payroll.
- Assist the Dean with compiling the necessary information needed to complete the financial reports for fiscal year end; including CAFR, financial statements, and closing the year in Datatel.
- Approve all checks/payables.
- Approve/audit daily cash analysis packet (DCA’s).
- Run the PGLT process daily (Posting General Ledger Transactions).
- Monitor the cash balances of State, County, and Institutional funds on a daily basis to ensure funds are available; maintain the manual cash books.
- Prepare and transmit the monthly State Funds Cash Certification Requests – with assistance from the Dean.
- Assist with the yearly fixed assets process as related to year end posting of depreciation and close out.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and general ledger; including keeping staff/faculty updated on accounts that are related to their area.
- Reconcile Institutional and County Funds bank statements monthly, including marking cleared checks.
- Enter and post all journal entries; including electronic payments and withdrawals.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and maintain log; request reimbursements as necessary from one fund to another.
- Assist the Dean with records retention and disposal.
- Ensure that the daily operations/functions of the Business Office are efficient, accurate, and timely.
- Ensure that training is received for new hires within the Business Office, as well as assisting current employees when needed.
- Reconcile the State disbursing and depository accounts; close out the month; run the required NCCCS office reports, balance, and transmit the reports.
- Ensure that enough funds are available for payroll in State, County, and Institutional Funds each month after the payroll department has posted and run the reports.
- Request and set up Institutional Fund Authorities as needed.
- Request the monthly reimbursements between funds monthly or sooner as needed.
- Approve requisitions on E-Procurement.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Completes draw down of federal funds as needed and monitors federal expenditures as needed (FWS, SSS, Pell, SEOG, etc.)
- Assist Financial Aid as needed with the Federal Work Study and SEOG calculations and fund balances.
- Maintain an office calendar and personnel leave records to aid in scheduling leave.
- Assist the Dean with ensuring that all financial aid, student sponsorships, and return of Title IV funds are processed timely and accurately; including proper communication with the Financial Aid office.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Dean and President.
How to Apply
Please go to https://ats.applicantone.com/Careers/roanokechowancommunitycollege to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against students, faculty, or staff on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or national or ethnic origin in admission to, or access to, or employment in its programs and activities.