Closes: Sunday, December 6, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field,
• 3 to 5 years of increasingly responsible experience performing governmental accounting work.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is desirable, but not required.
• Extensive knowledge in GAAP, GASB, cash and accrual based accounting, and financial statement preparation.
• Previous experience with using Datatel (Colleague) software program.
Under minimal supervision, an employee in this position has oversight and responsibility for planning, developing, managing and continuously improving the financial operations and activities of the College and the Endowment Fund. Duties related to this position primarily focus on maintaining and directing activities related to financial reporting, general ledger systems, and internal control and auditing procedures in accordance with general accepted accounting principles and in compliance with applicable state and federal rules and regulations. Duties may vary according to the specific needs of the Division and/or allocation of workload. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
• Manages the operation and maintenance of the general ledger system with responsibility in preparing complex journal entries and reviewing the integrity of the general ledger data in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
• Reviews and approves all journal entries, voucher registers, etc. to ensure accurate posting to the general ledger.
• Works in conjunction with the Vice President of Finance and Operations to prepare budgetary transactions and records including initial budgetary setup, budgetary journal entries, budgetary review and management, and preparation of budgetary reports to the Board of Trustees.
• Prepares and/or reviews all internal and external financial reports, as well as providing analytical support for all financial reporting issues.
• Responsible for the accounting of State and Federal Grants and filing necessary reimbursements as required.
• Responsible for the accounting of Capital Improvement projects and filing necessary reimbursements as required.
• Prepares the College’s Annual Financial Statements and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and year-end closeout in accordance to guidelines established by the NC Community College System, Office of the State Controller, and Office of the State Auditor.
• Manages and monitors the bank reconciliation process by reviewing and approving bank reconciliations to ensure that they are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Sets and monitors internal controls in accordance with the EAGLE program through annual identification and assessment of risk.
• Serves as the liaison and coordinator for external audits for both the College and the Endowment Fund.
• Serves as an informational resource to staff providing technical assistance, researching and analyzing specific problems relating to financial records, and implementing staff training programs as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including projects and committee work.
• Ability to regularly sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
• Ability to occasionally stand and walk.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to see up close and to adjust focus as needed.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact