Closes: Saturday, May 8, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and two (2) years of accounting experience; supervisory experience, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- At least two (2) years’ experience with an accounting software package.
- Prefer NC Community College experience, or experience with governmental accounting, or experience with Ellucian’s Colleague Database Management System.
- Prefer 5 years of accounting experience with supervisory experience.
- Prefer CPA or eligibility to obtain CPA licensure.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The Controller supervises the activities of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. Controller acts as system coordinator for financial modules on the Ellucian Colleague Database Management System. The Controller works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to manage State, Local and Institutional funds, move money between investment accounts, accounting operations and student refund processes, and provide State and Federal financial reporting for the college. Position is also responsible for internal control processes and procedures to include EAGLE completion.