VGCC Main campus
Henderson NC 27536
Closes: Friday, March 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or closely related field, with two years progressive experience in an Adult Basic Skills setting
• Possession of working knowledge of Adult Basic Skills programs, policies, processes, and procedures
• Minimum 5 years related work experience or equivalent combination: supervision, curriculum development and/or program management
• Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Five years progressive experience in an Adult Basic Skills setting
• Demonstrate the leadership and management necessary to meet or exceed federal and state performance measures related to student achievement and students transitioning to post-secondary education, training and/or certifications.
• Support program growth by developing and implementing innovative techniques to recruit new students and retain current students until educational goals are attained.
• Supervise Adult Basic Skills faculty and staff: full and part-time instructors, data specialist, and administrative assistant.
• Collaborate with the Coordinator of Prison Programs to supervise Adult Basic Skills instructors, full and part-time, assigned to correctional facilities.
• Establish and maintain efficient staffing and course management processes, including hiring and evaluating faculty and staff.
• Prepare class schedules and faculty contracts.
• Check and submit end-of-course paperwork and time sheets.
• Ensure accurate and timely collection and reporting of data.
• Develop and maintain budgets and reports (data collection and analysis).
• Establish and maintain good community rapport in order to promote literacy education.
• Initiate efforts to create and expand programs to emerging populations and new markets.
• Support and monitor the performance of instructors.
• Lead faculty and staff in professional development, educational planning, and career pathways development.
• Serve on College committees as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3440