Closes: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid NCDL
- Master’s degree in Education or related field
- Adult Education Certification through NCCCS
- Two years of supervision experience.
The Coordinator, Adult Secondary Education Instruction position coordinates, supervises and evaluates the Adult High School (AHS), Adult Basic Education (ABE), High School Equivalency (HSE) and ESL (English as a Second Language) programs, offerings, and personnel. This position is responsible for providing training for all instructors in the programs. In addition, the Coordinator provides supervision of the College & Career Readiness (CCR) orientations, and when necessary conducts orientation sessions. The position is responsible for the maintenance of affiliation appropriate instructional content.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare Adult Secondary Education and ESL class schedule.
- Schedule dates and instructors.
- Review class schedule for accuracy.
- Recommend additions, changes, deletions to course offerings.
- Fulfill substitute teacher needs for AHS, ABE, HSE, and ESL instructors.
- Monitor classes to ensure faculty follow college, state, and National Reporting System (NRS) guidelines, attendance rosters needs, course grading requirements, and High School Equivalency (HSE) test readiness.
- Serve as the coordinator for Tarheel Challenge Academy instructors including HiSet test scheduling and administration as well as pre and post TABE test evaluations.
- Create a monthly report for each ABE and HSE instructor listing the number of hours each student has earned since their last TABE test to ensure each ABE and HSE student is TABE testing after every 60 hours of instruction.
- Recruit, interview, and recommend instructors/staff for employment.
- Provide in-service professional development for CCR instructors based on current evidence-based practices at annual CCR staff development day.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and training session as required.
- Ensures instructional units in AHS comply with the standards and policies of the North Carolina Community College System and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
- Ensures instructional units in ABE, HSE and ESL programs comply with the standards and policies of the college and the North Carolina Community College System.
- Coordinates the development of curriculum, course outlines, and materials.
- Prepares college and NCCCS reports at request of the Director of CCR as required for AHS, ABE, HSE, and ESL programs.
- Conducts class evaluations in compliance with Continuing Education Accountability & Credibility policy.
- Monitors and analyzes student and class data for the development and implementation of program improvement strategies.
- Assist Director of CCR in planning and implementing the goals and objectives for AHS, ABE, ESL, and HSE.
- Assists Director of CCR in student recruitment and retention.
- Develops and revises course outlines, lesson plans, tests and other instructional material as needed for ABE, AHS, ESL and HSE programs.
- Assists as needed with orientation for students entering CCR programs.
- Assists as needed with TABE and HiSet testing for students in CCR classes.
- Explains transcript evaluation for students during the intake process.
- Monitors student progress post-testing to student goal completion.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of materials needed for instruction in AHS, ABE, ESL, and HSE.
- Orients new hires to CCR department regulations and practices, NRS requirements, NCCCS requirements, ACI regulations and HSE testing process.
- Assesses professional development needs of faculty and staff to ensure best practices and adult education pedagogy is used in teaching.
- Monitors and evaluates instructor and staff performance.
- Earn at least 3 CEUs annually
- Serves on assigned college committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001