Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, April 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent experience working in a public-facing position and interacting with diverse populations;
3. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent experience working in a community college/higher education environment;
4. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent marketing, web-related, or social media experience.
1. Educational or work experience with marketing open enrollment training or education programs;
2. Experience setting up and coordinating training or education programs;
3. Experience with an electronic procurement/supplier exchange system for the purchase of supplies and services;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for all activities associated with the Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC) related to programs and facilities.
Develops and coordinates all aspects of relevant advanced manufacturing open enrollment programs, and other training and facility projects. Coordinates career coaching lab activities and schedules in the Advanced Manufacturing Center. With the assistance of the Director of Economic & Workforce Development (EWD) and Associate Director of Business & Industry Services, aligns with local industries to determine hiring and training needs, and then runs training programs that meet those needs.
Works with other EWD staff to coordinate AMC training schedules, lab spaces, and equipment use. Assists in curriculum development for all programs. Coordinates schedules of full-time EWD instructors, and all part-time instructors and adjuncts. Responsible for helping Division achieve strategic goals during the College’s fiscal year.
1. Coordinates all aspects of Advanced Manufacturing Program marketing to solicit students and fill classes.
2. Utilizes web and social media outlets to connect with potential students.
3. Creates content related to Advanced Manufacturing open enrollment classes for A-B Tech’s Continuing Education catalogs.
4. Coordinates instructional and facility projects related to the operation of the Advanced Manufacturing Center.
5. Coordinates career coaching lab activities and schedules in the Advanced Manufacturing Center.
6. Coordinates supply and material orders to support Advanced Manufacturing Center classes, and coordinates maintenance and
repair of equipment.
7. Secures and supervises instructors, assists with contract negotiations and setup, and initiates setup of class documentation.
8. Registers classes and verifies accurate completion of class paperwork, coordinates and verifies class documentation that
meets state compliance.
9. Works closely with the Director of Economic & Workforce Development and Associate Director of Business & Industry Services in making training requests, funding requests, and in managing budgets.
10. Provides information regarding Workforce Development training and other programs offered by the College to prospective
business and student groups. Attends internal and external training sessions, including departmental meetings, to assure
proficiency in educational programs offered.
11. Ensures collaboration with Curriculum faculty and staff.
12. Networks and collaborates with industry and community partners to contribute to local economic and workforce development.
13. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
14. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.