Durham, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, March 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree required
Bachelor’s degree required
Position Title: Coordinator, Annual Giving
Department: Resource Development
FLSA Type: Non-Exempt Position
Reports to: Executive Director, Institutional Advancement / Durham Tech Foundation
Direct Reports: NA
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required
Work Experience: Minimum of three years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency using a database system, preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, to support resource development activities;
- Strong planning, organizing, budgeting, and managing skills in a complex work environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with donors, alumni, college faculty and staff, community members, and individuals from outside agencies;
- Excellent verbal communication and persuasive writing skills;
- Demonstrated data analysis and evaluation skills;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to schedule, prioritize, and finalize activities to meet deadlines; and,
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications.
Essential Functions, Job Duties, and Responsibilities: The Coordinator, Annual Giving is responsible for all aspects of the annual campaign, including facilitating multi-channel appeals and managing database solutions that cultivate and qualify prospects. More specifically, duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Execute a comprehensive annual fundraising campaign that incorporates direct mail, email, online giving, and special events;
- Coordinate a multi-channel communications plan in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications department that includes printed collateral, electronic communications, and social media;
- Work with colleagues to manage Raiser’s Edge data, create segmented appeals, and evaluate effectiveness;
- Plan and provide appropriate stewardship for donors, including donor honor rolls, signage, and event invitations;
- Cultivate and steward donors giving at least $1,000 per year, including organizing an annual appreciation event and supporting staff team with additional donor events;
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni data; transfer and update contact, biographical, and career information of alumni via database resources, research services, alumni surveys, etc;
- Develop alumni benefits, educating alumni and current students about opportunities and engaging them in programs;
- Maintain and provide current, comprehensive data on alumni and donor relationships for the Director of Development, Executive Director, or President as needed for resource development;
- Work collaboratively with the President and the Institutional Advancement team to accomplish fundraising goals in accordance with College and Foundation strategic goals; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or President.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Normal Working Hours: A 40-hour work week is required to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day or four-and-one-half-day work weeks.
How to Apply
The online application process will allow you to review the status of your application during the recruitment process, to update your online application, and to apply for positions that become available in the future.
Please take a moment to become familiar with the system:
• To search positions, click the Search Jobs link at left.
• To apply for a job, click the Create Account link at left, then follow the directions.
For assistance with the online employment application, please contact Human Resources at 919-536-7244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance will be available Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Click the Login link on the left, and enter your username and password. This enables you to:
• Apply to new positions without re-entering application information that has not changed.
• Review the status of positions you have applied to.
Job Post Contact