- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
-Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or a closely related field from a regionally accredited college/university
-Current North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Certification
-Current General Instructor certification by North Carolina Department of Justice, Training and Standards Division.
-Certification as a Qualified Assistant (QA) with the North Carolina Department of Justice, Training and Standards
Division (or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days of employment)
-A valid North Carolina Driver’s License or the ability to attain one upon hire.
- 5 years of relevant field experience in criminal justice (law enforcement, corrections, probation/parole, homeland
- 3 years of law enforcement training/teaching experience based on regulatory training standards.
- Administrative and/or supervisory experience to include employee evaluation.
-Master’s degree in Criminal Justice or a closely related field from a regionally accredited college/university.
-One or more specialty instructor certifications for law enforcement (i.e., firearms, SCAT, etc.).
- Greater than 5 years of relevant field experience in criminal justice (law enforcement, corrections,
probation/parole, homeland security, etc.)
- Greater than 3 years of law enforcement training/teaching experience based on regulatory training standards.
- Teaching/training experience in a post-secondary institution.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
The Coordinator, Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) will support and enhance the mission of the Basic Law Enforcement Training (Pre-Service) program for public safety professionals. Primary administrative responsibilities include BLET program development/management, continuous review, planning, budget administration, general effectiveness of the program, accreditation, and providing supervision and mentoring to part time faculty. Instructional responsibilities require a broad-based knowledge of the law enforcement field of study and law enforcement standards and practices at the local, state and national levels. The Coordinator, Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) at Guilford Technical Community College will be responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college. The Coordinator, BLET reports to the Director, Pre-Service & In-Service Law Enforcement Training, with oversight from the Dean of Human Services, Public Safety, Health and Physical Education.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact