Closes: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in a career and technical program OR an Associate’s degree in a career and technical program and a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Three years of experience providing learning support (e.g. tutoring, on the job training, etc.) in an educational and/or industry setting
• Experience developing and implementing instructional programming to promote skill acquisition
• Experience hiring, training, and supervising employees, including conducting performance evaluations
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Greater than three years of experience providing learning support and/or instruction
• Previous work experience in a post-secondary institution
• Work experience in a career-technical field (e.g., culinary, hospitality, welding, construction trades, healthcare, fire protection, law enforcement, aviation, etc.)
• Experience with integrated student information systems (e.g., Datatel Colleague, Banner, etc.)
• Proficiency in using learning management systems (e.g., Moodle, Blackboard)
• Proficiency in using software to track academic support services (e.g., TutorTrac)
• Experience hiring, training, and supervising tutors in a post-secondary environment
The Center for Academic Engagement Career-Technical Education Coordinator provides leadership and management for tutoring centers at all campus locations of Guilford Technical Community College. The Center for Academic Engagement Career-Technical Education Coordinator motivates and guides tutors, staff, and students in an inclusive, professional, and learner-centered environment. A creative and dynamic leader, the Center for Academic Engagement Career-Technical Education Coordinator collaborates and engages with internal and external stakeholders to initiate partnerships and enhance student success.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact