Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, June 11, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent experience coordinating educational programming or industry training;
3. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent supervisory and budget management experience;
4. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent experience working in the field of computer technology.
1. Master’s degree;
2. Experience teaching adult learners;
3. NC Community College system experience;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Manages, plans, and supervises all instructional activities within the Computer and Online Training area of Workforce Continuing Education. Acts as technical support and marketing liaison for the department.
1. Coordinates face-to-face and online classes for the program area. Prepares all supportive class documentation, including class notifications, contracts, roster, attendance sheet, and evaluations. Prepares classroom for instruction.
2. Completes class grading and submits final documentation to the compliance officer.
3. In collaboration with IT Staff, ensures the readiness of supportive technology for instruction and department.
4. Expands partnership with local business and industry, responding to workforce needs in high-demand and growth opportunity areas. Represents college and program area to the community and employers, attending professional and community events as appropriate. Engages in other outreach activities on behalf of the college.
5. Maintains current outlines and materials for each course. Ensures records comply with local, state, and national requirements and meet college system compliance guidelines.
6. Conducts class visitations as required.
7. Manages Mobile Lab used by the students and the staff.
8. Manages purchasing and invoice payments for the program area in accordance with college system guidelines.
9. Recruits, interviews, hires, and supervises adjunct instructors within the program area. Provides instructor orientation, monitors and evaluates instructor’s performance, offering regular guidance, adjusting as needed.
10. Manages program budget. Responsible for program bi-annual budget planning. Conducts annual inventory.
11. Advises students on class offerings. Increases public knowledge of the educational opportunities and services offered.
12. Ensures the availability of a variety of programming to meet workforce and industry needs. Monitors course offerings and recommends additions, changes, and deletions based on changes in industry trends.
13. Recruits for class offerings by creating marketing publications that meet the approval of the Community Relations and Marketing department. Updates college website as needed.
14. Prepares schedule of class offerings for three terms per year. Ensures accuracy of program material offerings.
15. Participates on applicable curriculum program advisory committees or joint programming ventures
16. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
17. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
18. Other duties as assigned.