Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Five (5) years relevant construction experience
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in construction management from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification
• Seven (7+) years as a construction project manager for projects in excess of $1,000,000
• Experience with educational, state, or local government projects
• A preferred candidate would have the majority of this experience as a project manager in education, state or local government construction.
• Experience in a higher educational setting.
The individual in this full-time position reports to the Associate VP Facility Operations and Safety. S/he helps develop and review construction project plans and specifications. S/he attends pre-bid and pre-construction conferences, bid openings and monthly meetings during construction. Responsibilities include observation and inspection of construction activities, and preparation of reports and correspondence with architects, designers, and contractors. S/he serves as liaison between college employees who will occupy the completed projects and the architect and contractors. S/he monitors project timetables and quality of work, identifies potential problems and keeps the AVP informed of project status. S/he offers possible solutions to construction issues and prepares project cost estimates as requested. S/he oversees construction/renovation projects managed in-house. S/he reviews test reports and advises AVP of the results. S/he assists on pre-final and final inspections. S/he will be based at the Jamestown Campus with responsibilities at the Greensboro, High Point, Cameron and Aviation Campuses as required.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact