Albemarle Correctional Institution (ACI)
Closes: Sunday, August 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree
- Minimum of two years of experience in the community college system.
- A full COVID vaccination as mandated by NC Department of Public Safety
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Two years of experience with Department of Public Safety programs
Serves as the coordinator for Stanly Community College (SCC) activities within the Albemarle Correctional Institution (ACI). Works with DPS educational services personnel to meet inmate educational needs at ACI. Develops program and class schedules, prepares reports detailing instructional activities, and coordinates the registration of ACI students. Provides direction in the planning, coordination, supervision, and administration of SCC policies and procedures in educational service areas within ACI. Supports all ACI instructors and serves as a course facilitator when needed. Provides direct supervision to facilitators and CU/CE instructors in programs offered only at ACI. Provides day-to-day supervision at ACI to CU/CE instructors in programs that are offered on SCC’s other instructional sites. Advises students, reviews, research, and requests new materials, maintains records, prepares a variety of reports as requested, and oversees the maintenance of labs at ACI. Responsible to ensure SCC programs conducted at ACI are operated effectively and efficiently to achieve SCC institutional goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as liaison between Stanly Community College and Albemarle Correctional Institute.
- Directly supervise facilitators and CU/CE instructors in programs offered only at ACI.
- Supervise day-to-day activities at ACI for CU/CE instructors in programs that are offered on SCC’s other instructional sites.
- Coordinate with SCC program heads to ensure quality instruction and oversite of instructors at ACI.
- Develop course schedules, coordinates registration, and payment activities, and identifies budget needs for ACI programs.
- Coordinate with ACI staff to ensure ACI classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
- Represent Correctional Education within the College and community as the primary point of contact with enthusiasm.
- Coordinates with DPS programs and training personnel to identify educational needs and develops rational strategies to achieve desired educational and training outcomes.
- Establishes annual plans and identifies budget needs to support ACI inmate education based upon available resources.
- Promotes, coordinates, and supervises SCC CU/CE educational activities at ACI.
- In coordination with DPS and SCC, establishes academic training calendars to meet both DPS and SCC requirements and avoid foreseeable scheduling conflicts.
- Develops strategies, implements planning, and participates in student recruitment, evaluation, and retention for ACI programs.
- Organizes and conducts student achievement recognition ceremonies.
- Serves as liaison with Department of Public Safety (DPS) personnel, facilitating policy development, facility readiness and maintenance, material acquisition, and procedural implementation to meet SCC and DPS goals.
- Initiates manage and participate with program heads in the course/program revision process and program review as needed for field or related areas.
- Works with program heads to secure adjuncts and provide day-to-day supervision.
- Provides direct supervision to facilitators and CU/CE instructors in programs offered only at ACI, day, evening, and weekend, as required.
- Serve as a course facilitator when needed.
- Provides on-site supervision ACI of full-time and part-time CU/CE faculty in programs that are also offered at other SCC instructional sites, day, evening, and weekend, as required.
- Supervises ACI CU/CE instructors in meeting required academic standards.
- Manages all syllabi development to ensure adequacy, consistency, and compliance with SCC standards.
- Identifies, evaluates, selects, and submits acquisition requests for textbooks, instructional materials, audio-visual aids, supply support, construction materials, and equipment needs.
- Plans organize and manage student enrollment, pre-registration, and registration activities.
- Ensures that ACI instructors/facilitators create, administer, manages report, and maintain records of attendance, quizzes/tests/exams, projects, activities and reports for student course evaluation.
- Manages equipment requirements determination and oversees the maintenance of equipment in the Albemarle Correctional Institution vocational education labs and supervises equipment inventories monthly or as required.
- Advises students regarding their academic progress.
- Audits classes on a random basis to ensure that students are receiving quality instruction in accordance with SCC’s accountability plan.
- Manages compliance with mandated health and safety programs within the ACI classroom environment.
- Advises on budget needs for equipment, supplies, and travel needs for the program and recommends purchases.
- Advises on the recruitment, evaluation, and selection of full-time and part-time faculty serving at ACI.
- Maintains daily office hours as part of the weekly workload.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Colleague/Datatel Training
- Starfish Training
- Canvas Training
- Self-Service/WebAdvisor Training
- Advising Training
- Policy/Procedure Training
- Onboarding Training
- Training meetings with existing academic deans
- School Dude
- Leadership Training
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001