Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, September 28, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent experience with WIOA Title II purpose and requirements, including Educational Functioning Level placements, National Reporting System approved assessment administration and LEIS forms.
3. Two years of full-time or equivalent experience working with spreadsheets and databases.
4. Two years of full-time or equivalent related experience, which may include institutional research, data management, quality assurance, educational or office administration, program management, student records, or other positions requiring high levels of compliance and processing large data sets
1. Master’s degree;
2. Experience with Basic Skills or College & Career Readiness programs in the NC Community College System;
3. One year of full-time or equivalent teaching experience with high school or adult students;
4. Three years of full-time or equivalent related experience, which may include institutional research, data management, quality assurance, educational or office administration, program management, student records, or other positions requiring high levels of compliance and processing large data sets;
5. Experience using learning management systems such as Apex, Essential Education, OdysseyWare, GradPoint, Aztec, etc;
6. • Experience with TOPSpro and CASAS eTests;
7. • Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Contributes to the success of Transitional Studies by ensuring timely and accurate collection and reporting of Literacy Education Information System (LEIS) data. Maintains departmental compliance with federal and state requirements under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the National Reporting System (NRS). Coordinates Adult High School Program, and Adult Basic Education and High School Equivalency Prep Distance Learning courses.
1. Enters student data in the Literacy Education Information System (LEIS) of the College Information System (CIS) Ellucian Colleague application to meet WIOA and NRS requirements.
2. Creates reports in Colleague/CIS, Informer, TOPSpro, Business Objects and other database and spreadsheet programs to support program quality, accountability, and planning.
3. Provides information, training, and support for Coordinators, Specialists, and Instructors to ensure LEIS forms and NRS assessments are properly completed for each student. Works with Specialists and Instructors to resolve errors quickly and clarify understanding.
4. Coordinates Adult High School Program in collaboration with Director, Goodwill Industries, and Local Educational Agencies. Supervises instructors. Evaluates student transcripts. Oversees program enrollment and works to continuously improve student outcomes.
5. Assists with planning, coordination, and logistics of the adoption and integration of new software systems or work flows that may impact student success, the recording of student attendance, or the administration of assessments.
6. Maintains data security and the proper storage and disposal of student records.
7. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
8. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.