Closes: Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- 2 years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and ability to work with diverse student populations
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with others in a team environment
- Master's degree in education, student services, advising, counseling, or related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience in academic advising and/or career counseling
- Experience working in a community college setting
- Experience working with high school students
The Coordinator, Davie High School Partnerships, works within institutional guidelines and College policies to provide a learning-centered experience for high school students and Ignite Davie College Promise students enrolled at Davidson-Davie Community College. The position is 12 months and will report to the Director, Davie Student Services and has the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and responsibility for management, operations, and promotion of high school programs including Career and College Promise (CCP), Davie County Early College High School, and Ignite Davie College Promise program
- Provide collaborative and effective communication among various constituents which results in a clear understanding of and adherence to state legislative action, college policies and program initiatives
- Maintain quality partnerships with secondary school personnel and community partners in collaboration with the Director, Davie Student Services and other college leadership
- Collaborate with Local Educational Agencies (LEAs), college divisions, and other stakeholders to develop, plan, implement and administer high school programs and the curriculum courses offered in both transfer and career and technical education pathways
- Serve as public relations coordinator between the high school partners and the community college to facilitate collaboration and address concerns among faculty, staff and students.
- Work with high school partners to ensure coordination of high school and college schedules to allow access to college courses.
- Provide effective enrollment and developmental, strength-based advising processes to students both on-site and off-site at their local high schools to include the development of educational plans that may combine both high school and college coursework to ensure the attainment of a post-secondary credential
- Work collaboratively with college support units such as records, accessibility services, counseling, and library services to ensure coordinated support is appropriately provided to students
- Assist students to embrace the role of “college” student by helping them understand the expectations of college faculty and how to become self-advocates
- Coordinate, facilitate, and/or engage in open houses, parent nights, classroom visits, career expos, college fairs, and other special events to promote program options to students and parents
- Plan, develop, and execute engagement strategies for Ignite Davie College promise participants and monitor continued student eligibility for the program
- Facilitate the creation of comprehensive customized educational plans to ensure student success; monitor academic performance utilizing early alert technologies and strategies for outreach; and guide students to successful completion of their pathway/graduation requirements
- Assist students on academic warning, probation and suspension in identifying and understanding problems or concerns that affect academic achievement, providing appropriate interventions and supporting achievement of academic success by referring students to institutional and/or community resources as appropriate.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills and provide exceptional customer service to students, stakeholders, and the campus community in a professional, helpful and courteous manner
- Participate in team meetings, serve on college committees, and engage in professional development activities
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds;
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the College and attend College events and meetings;
- Perform other duties appropriate to the title and as assigned that support the mission of the College.