Durham, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, June 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum of three years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree required
Bachelor’s degree required
Position Title: Coordinator, Development Operations
Department: Institutional Advancement
FLSA Type: Non-Exempt Position
Reports to: Director of Development, Institutional Advancement / Durham Tech Foundation
Direct Reports: NA
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required
Work Experience: Minimum of three years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to plan, schedule, and finalize activities to meet deadlines;
- Ability to advance departmental priorities independently and move multiple projects forward with a team, adapting to change as needed;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with donors, alumni, community members, and colleagues;
- Excellent verbal communication and persuasive writing skills;
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Proficiency using a database system, preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, to support resource development activities;
- Demonstrated data analysis and evaluation skills.
Essential Functions, Job Duties, and Responsibilities: The Coordinator, Development Operations is responsible for aiding in the execution of the annual campaign and supporting the operations of the department’s programs. More specifically, duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Execute a comprehensive annual fundraising campaign with colleagues that incorporates direct mail, email, online giving, social media, and special events;
- Plan and provide appropriate stewardship for donors, including thank you letters, donor honor rolls, and event invitations;
- Cultivate and steward leadership annual donors giving at least $1,000 per year, including organizing an annual appreciation event and supporting staff team with additional donor events;
- Engage alumni and student ambassadors to represent the College at various fundraising events and develop opportunities for them to engage with Durham Tech leadership;
- Manage the annual Durham Tech Foundation scholarship program, operationalizing the application, selection, and awarding processes in collaboration with the Business Office and the Office of Financial Aid;
- Create ad-hoc reports and donor updates to inform donors of the impact of their gifts;
- Work collaboratively with the President and the Institutional Advancement team to accomplish fundraising goals in accordance with College and Foundation strategic goals; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Executive Director, or President.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Normal Working Hours: A 40-hour work week is required to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day or four-and-one-half-day work weeks.
How to Apply
The online application process will allow you to review the status of your application during the recruitment process, to update your online application, and to apply for positions that become available in the future.
Please take a moment to become familiar with the system:
• To search positions, click the Search Jobs link at left.
• To apply for a job, click the Create Account link at left, then follow the directions.
For assistance with the online employment application, please contact Human Resources at 919-536-7244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance will be available Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Click the Login link on the left, and enter your username and password. This enables you to:
• Apply to new positions without re-entering application information that has not changed.
• Review the status of positions you have applied to.
Job Post Contact