Closes: Friday, September 21, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; AND
- One to two years of relevant experience.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent technology skills and/or the ability to master skills to include: the learning management system at the system administrator level, master-level use of Microsoft Office, SMART, and video conferencing systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Capable of being accurate and thorough in fulfilling job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree.
- Course work/experience in computer and information technology, educational technology, or related field
- Experience working with relevant technologies and related media, course management systems, and Microsoft Office
- One or more years of experience working with Blackboard at the system administrator level
- Two or more years of experience working in a professional office or educational setting.
"Learning First" is the primary institutional goal for Central Carolina Community College where all faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process. The Coordinator for Distance Learning primarily serves students, faculty, and staff while coordinating instructional technology activities and offers technical support solutions related to our LMS system.
- Serve as Blackboard system administrator including, but not limited to, maintenance of users, monitoring the system and storage, and assisting with installations and upgrades.
- Support faculty, staff, and student concerns and maintain ongoing correspondence as needed.
- Serve as DE helpdesk, creating and submitting tickets in Behind the Blackboard.
- Conduct research related to instructional technology and online course management systems including, but not limited to, new products, services, and technology problems.
- Assist in the development of technical resource materials for existing and new technologies including manuals, tutorials, and tip sheets that could be utilized by faculty, staff, and students in a variety of formats (synchronous or asynchronous).
- As requested, make available course copies, course templates, Virtual Learning Community courses, and courses developed by other community colleges to faculty and staff for curriculum, continuing education, Lee Early College, and Central Carolina Works college classes.
- Oversee the archiving of courses at critical points each term for both curriculum and continuing education.
- Coordinate on-site and off-site midterm and final distance education exams.
- Direct and compile statistical data for distance education.
- Participate in departmental training and evaluation related to the College's LMS.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources