Closes: Friday, November 29, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Minimum of five years' experience in an educational setting required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Working knowledge of the Career and College Promise (CCP) program preferred.
- Community college experience, experience working with high school populations, and/or experience in student services preferred.
Open until filled - review of applications will begin 10/17/19
Provide administrative support to the Dean of Admissions and Educational Partnerships. Coordinate the Career and College Promise (CCP) Program, and provide support for all other educational partnerships. Assist in management, operation and promotion of the CCP Program. Assist in hiring qualified instructors, processing contracts, and orienting faculty. Continue to build and foster relationships with public, private, charter high schools, and home schools in the service area. Provide staff assistance in performing duties associated with operation of the office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support for the Dean of Admissions and Educational Partnerships.
- Assist in management, operation, and promotion of the CCP Program and Cooperative Innovative High Schools, including marketing, recruiting, processing applications, advising, and registering students for the Program.
- Build and foster relationships with high school counselors, career development coordinators, principals, and administrators.
- Maintain awareness of and interpret NC Statutes, NC Department of Public Instruction policies, NC Community College System policies, Gaston County Schools' policies, and Gaston College policies.
- Provide instructional support for faculty.
- Coordinate special events for CCP Program faculty and students.
- Participate in cross-training to assist in other Student Services areas and functions as needed.
- Prepare presentations and marketing materials on educational partnerships for secondary and postsecondary educators, parents, potential students, internal stakeholders, and the community at large.
- Serve as content manager for Educational Partnerships websites (Career and College Promise and Early College).
- Serve as an advocate for CCP students and guide them in navigating the college experience. Provide academic advising and support services to CCP students by collecting, organizing, and analyzing information needed to assist the student while enrolled as a CCP student.
- Provide intervention, resources, and strategies for students in need of academic support through regular communication with CCP students, College faculty, and high school personnel on students' academic progress throughout the semester.
- Serve as primary point of contact for submitting helpdesk tickets for facility needs for Lena Sue Beam Partnership Building.
- Maintain calendar, schedule and plan meetings, and prepare agendas.
- Assist with College functions/receptions, information sessions, and serve on committees as assigned.
- Perform all other tasks required to maintain compliance with external agencies including maintaining accurate records for enrollment, tracking, and audit reporting purposes.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems.
- Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean of Admissions and Educational Partnerships and/or the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact