Closes: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Related Field
- Two years Community College Experience
- Familiar with Manufacturing and Trades related fields
Provide coordinator/schedule support to AMIT-CE programs and secretarial and clerical support to AVP, Dean, and faculty of Advanced Manufacturing, Industry, and Trades Division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist faculty.
- Perform administrative duties.
- Exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Build continuing education classes in Datatel and register continuing education students.
- Provide program coordination for NCDOT QMS and Intro to Asphalt classes.
- Provide program coordination for Lineworker Training Program.
Faculty Associate Duties
- Use Microsoft Office, Colleague, WebAdvisor and other college specific software on a daily basis.
- Assist with AMIT programs’ self-studies and site visits for accreditation or re-accreditation.
- Type invitations and assist with the planning of Advisory Committee meetings. Plan menu and coordinate meal request with caterer.
- Maintain supply inventory for AMIT-related buildings.
- Prepare requisitions using NC eProcurement, online state purchasing system.
- Enter maintenance requests when needed.
- Maintain room book for AMIT Phase I and Phase II buildings
- Ensure appropriate evening and weekend coverage for AMIT Phase I and Phase II buildings.
- Post notices of classroom moves and notices of class cancellations.
- Attend division meetings and prepare minutes as needed.
- Record AMIT programs’ expenditures for Dean of AMIT and AVP of AMITT.
- Collect electronic copies of syllabi and post to the share drive.
- Receive electronic copy of faculty locator cards and post to the share drive.
- Proofread reports, schedules, catalogs, etc.
- Duplicate and collate materials as requested by faculty.
- Maintain working condition of copy machine, printers, and fax machine. Assist faculty with operation of copier, printers, and fax machine; notify proper personnel for major repair service.
- Assist with program graduation ceremonies.
- Assist with Open House, Tours, and Outreach events.
- Assist with various educational camps when hosted by the School of Advanced Manufacturing, Industry, Technology, and Trades.
- Assist faculty with various questions and concerns relating to college policies and procedures (i.e., travel reimbursement, faculty schedules, etc.)
- Create memos, letters, and other correspondence as needed.
- Answer and process incoming telephone calls; take and deliver messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attend college professional development workshops as needed.
- Distribute mail AMIT Phase I and Phase II.
- Assist in registration periods as needed.
- Assist students and visitors in locating classes and faculty and/or setting appointments.
- Provide clerical support to other divisions as needed.
- Serve on college committees.
CE Coordinator Duties
- Assist in the recruitment and retention efforts of the College.
- Advocate and provide motivation for students.
- Assist in registration periods as needed by registering students and directing students to appropriate college resources.
- Build division continuing education classes into Datatel.
- Coordinate/create schedules and assist with the preparation of instructor documents for adjunct’s classes (attendance sheet, SROS roster).
- Coordinate/create schedules for QMS Roadway Technician course and assist with the preparation of instructor documents for class (attendance sheet, SROS roster).
- Manage the upkeep of the QMS Roadway Technician data and schedule on the college web site and request changes when needed.
- Provide assistance to part-time Roadway Technician instructor by providing and collecting timesheets to submit to HR.
- Manage student registration, student/employer payment, and the scheduling of student testing for the QMS Roadway Technician.
- Communicate with the NCDOT in Raleigh when student issues or questions arise in regards to the Roadway course.
- Request student manuals for QMS Roadway course from duplicating and mail to students when requested.
- Coordinate/create schedules for Electrical Lineman course and assist with the preparation of instructor documents for class (attendance sheet, SROS roster).
- Assist AMIT instructors with change memos for classes by entering into Datatel.
- Manage interest list for AMIT courses and contact students when classes are available.
Other Duties Specific to this Position
- Assist with advising and retention efforts for AMIT programs.
- Serve on and actively contribute to college committees as assigned.
- Participate in campus activities.
- Participate in discipline, departmental, divisional, and institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Microsoft Office (if not already proficient)
- Onboarding Training
- eLearning Tools
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001