Closes: Thursday, May 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution; 2 years of higher education experience and 2 years of experience in training and development
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Education
Coordinator Faculty Training and Development position will be located on the Central Campus.
The Faculty Training and Development Coordinator will develop, deliver, and assess pedagogical training for all Central Piedmont faculty. This position will also coordinate the training efforts for the Office of Faculty Development and work with faculty to deliver training grounded in best practices for teaching and learning.
Coordinates training and professional development opportunities for faculty.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops, delivers, and assesses training for all full and part-time faculty; develops assessment reports reflective of the learning outcomes and effectiveness of training.
2. Consults with faculty and staff to identify instructional development needs; provides guidance regarding content, instructional design, and technology to support learning.
3. Assists with marketing of faculty development and support for teaching and learning.
4. Identifies and develops opportunities for transitioning traditional training format to on-line delivery when appropriate.
5. Assists with content management of the Faculty Development websites
6. Facilitates webinars, and live events related to improving classroom productivity and student learning.
7. Researches and evaluates training materials, videos, print median and speakers for events and classes.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of adult learning theory and the scholarship of teaching and learning – including learning styles, distance learning theories and practices, and best practices in teaching and learning
Knowledge of instructional technology and pedagogy
Ability to interact and provide information to individuals and groups
Ability to work collaboratively
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to design and evaluate training development programs
How to Apply
Job Post Contact