Main Campus/Off-Campus Sites as needed
Closes: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Certified NC OEMS Emergency Medical Technician (Basic) and NC OSFM Firefighter I and II. NC OSFM Level II Fire Instructor Qualified in Firefighter Level I & II or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
Associate’s Degree in Fire Protection or a related field preferred. NC Office of the State Fire Marshal (NC OSFM) certified Firefighter II, Technical Rescuer or Fire and Life Safety Educator for 5 years, NC Office of Emergency Medical Services certified EMT, NC OSFM certified Level II Fire Instructor and qualified in one NC OSFM certification topic also preferred.
Serve as the primary contact for the Nash Community College Fire Academy as well as develop academy course schedule, assign instructors and complete all required paperwork related to these duties. Provide assistance with the coordination of Fire and Rescue courses and related needs. Recruit for the Fire and Emergency Management degree programs.
- Manage day to day operations of the Fire Academy and accurately complete required paperwork.
- Prepare and present course material to students in such a matter as to be relevant and informative as needed.
- Prepare class packets, instruct and administer required tests for classes as needed.
- Manage accountability of Fire training equipment and assist with upkeep of equipment and training grounds.
- Maintain and expand current certifications/qualifications to facilitate active participation in local departments and organizations to maintain/build relationships, develop strategies and implement plans that will meet current and anticipated training needs of public safety agencies and local businesses.
- Maintain effective relations with staff, faculty, students, community, other educational institutions, businesses and public safety organizations.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
- Secure and maintain all applicable test materials and lesson plans as directed by the NC Office of the State Fire Marshall and local agencies.
- Provides basic information regarding programs to potential students and visitors.
- Review and submit all relevant class paperwork within prescribed timeframe.
- Inform college receptionist of all locations for activities scheduled by the department.
- Prepare employee contracts, assist in student pre-registration/registration process, and review and submit class registrations and class rosters to Continuing Education registrar within prescribed time.
- Register, collect, verify and forward monies collected during registration to the business office.