Closes: Monday, October 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of regional accreditation and its requirements or related experience.
- Ability to plan and coordinate people and activities.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Ability to perform under moderate levels of stress imposed by deadlines and peak workloads; ability to operate effectively in an environment of change
- Ability to use technology effectively to accomplish tasks
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet all deadlines
- Accuracy, promptness, and dependability
- Detail oriented and well-organized with excellent follow-through
- Ability and desire to promote the welfare of the students and the College
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across all CCCC disciplines and departments
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues, students, the community, and North Carolina Community College System
- Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the College with reference to the “open door” admission policy
- Ability and desire to promote the welfare of the students and the College as each finds a rightful and meaningful place in the community
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree
- Colleague (Informer, Datatel)
- Data visualization platforms (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Programming knowledge (SAS, SQL)
- Prior Community College Experience preferred
- 2+ Years of experience at a Community College with SACSCOC Accreditation
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, vision, and values of CCCC
- Familiarity with SAS, SPSS, or other research statistical packages.
- Experience with Qualtrics
- Experience with Datatel, Informer and Blackboard
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
In alignment with the College’s mission and Strategic Plan, the Coordinator of Institutional Effectiveness works closely with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research to coordinate all aspects related to regional accreditation including the decennial reaffirmation, fifth-year interim report, and annual reporting. The Coordinator of IE provides leadership in assessment processes that support continuous improvement and data-informed decision-making in all areas of the college.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
With a Strategic Plan priority titled “Equitable Pathways to Achievable Dreams,” Central Carolina Community College’s faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to assisting students in achieving their goals. This focus places an emphasis on documenting improvement and success through authentic assessment and evidence, and using this information to ensure courses, programs, and services produce an equitable and supportive experience college-wide.
In alignment with the College's mission and Strategic Plan, the Coordinator of Institutional Effectiveness:
- Works closely with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research to coordinate all aspects related to regional accreditation, compliance, and institutional research including the decennial reaffirmation, fifth-year interim report, annual reporting, and substantive change reporting.
- Coordinates the college-wide Annual Program Planning & Review (APPR). Works closely with faculty and staff to coordinate, facilitate, monitor, and report on assessment activities for the College, including instructional program review, administrative unit reviews, assessment of student learning outcomes, service area outcomes, and other college-wide assessment.
- Provides assistance with analysis and reporting of assessment results. Follows-up with departments to see how assessment results are being used for improvement.
- Provides professional development opportunities for the APPR process and Content Management System training.
- Prepares and distributes internal marketing updates about IER for faculty and staff.
- May supervise part-time and/or work study student employee(s).
- Assists in the review, development, and implementation of the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Assists in and supports institutional research projects.
- Assists in the development, disbursement, analysis and reporting of annual and ad hoc surveys.
- Will be responsible for understanding and performing all functions of the IER office. Duties will be 75% institutional effectiveness with cross training and 25% of time spent on institutional research tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Regular travel between campuses and sites is required. Occasional travel within North Carolina and possible out-of-state travel is required.
Willingness to be flexible in the work schedule is required.