- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, October 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Set forth by CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs).
- Demonstrate appropriate academic background.
- Appropriate experience in the field of medical assisting.
- Be a Certified Medical Assistant or have qualifications otherwise acceptable.
- Should have proper teaching experience at the post-secondary level
- Should have experience as a practicing medical assistant.
- Demonstrate knowledge in administrative, general, and clinical field of medical assisting
- Associate Degree in Medical Assisting or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in a Health Care related field
- Two years ambulatory experience
- Two years teaching experience
Teach classroom sessions, conduct subject research, evaluate student progress, advise students, review and request new materials, maintain records, and prepare a variety of reports as requested. Supervise and evaluate externship activities. Assist the Department Head in developing and maintaining AAMA accreditation and program success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop syllabi for, instruct courses in Medical Assisting, and relate fields.
- Create, administer, grade and maintain records for exams, projects, activities and reports for evaluation of students in each course.
- Counsel/advise students on a mid-semester and end-semester basis in relation to academic progress.
- Participate in the evaluation of and acquisition of instructional materials, audio-visual aids, support and equipment needs.
- Maintain daily office hours as part of workload.
- Participate in registration and pre-registration activities and as needed at SCC.
- Serve as academic advisor for Medical Assisting students
- Assist in teaching certification and diploma classes taught in the medical assisting program
- Assist in teaching day, night, and weekend classes taught in the medical assisting program.
- Teach program material via seated and online classes as required by the schedule.
- Facilitate regular and substantive interaction via proactive communication with students.
- Ensure classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
- Serve as a mentor to students in your area of expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adult learners, supervisor, and colleagues
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate competence in areas expected to teach
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, individual initiative, independent actions within a professional environment
- Participate in the revision process as needed for course(s) or curriculums in field or related areas.
- Participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and workshops as appropriate and maintain professional contacts with instructors in similar instructional areas on other campuses.
- Aid the Department Head with organizing annual advisory committee meetings, keep minutes and assist in the recruitment of new members.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention for the Medical Assisting program.
- Establish community relations and make arrangements for guest speakers, field trips, etc.
- Aid in establish course offerings and scheduling for curriculum courses.
- Assist students with career opportunities in conjunction with Student Services.
- Aid the Department Head in budget needs for equipment, supplies, travel needs for program, and recommend purchases when appropriate.
- Review and recommend texts for use in program courses.
- Assist in recruitment of full-time and part-time faculty.
- Supervise and evaluate students in class, lab, and externship performance situation.
- Assist in maintenance of lab equipment and supplies.
- Collaborate with externship affiliates implement and evaluate student externship performance.
- Assist in the Medical Assisting Club and outside community services programs related to the medical assisting field.
- Provides regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students including grading of assignments; is available to students requiring additional assistance.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Drop Out Detective
- New Employee On Boarding
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Office
- SCC Career Connect
- School Dude
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001