Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or its equivalent;
2. Must have a minimum of five years of full-time or equivalent experience as a sworn law enforcement officer;
3. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent experience as a law enforcement instructor in NC;
4. Must possess an NC CJ Standards General Instructor certification.
1. Must have a minimum of five years of full-time or equivalent experience as instructor or teacher;
2. Experience as Continuing Education coordinator;
3. Experience as BLET instructor;
4. Possession of an NC Sheriff’s Standards Full Limited Lecturer or General Instructor certification;
5. Possession of an NC CJ Specialized Firearms, Physical Fitness or Driver Training Instructor certification.
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Coordinates development and delivery of and frequently instructs law enforcement continuing education classes based on agency demand. Assists in the coordination, instruction, administration of BLET programming.
1. Develops and coordinates law enforcement continuing education classes.
2. Obtains and maintains Qualified Assistant certification through NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards.
3. Instructs law enforcement continuing education and BLET classes as needed.
4. Assists with BLET administration and coordinator.
5. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
6. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.