Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, July 21, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Five or more years' experience in the Law Enforcement and/or Criminal Justice field
- Supervisory experience in the field
- Current NC Law Enforcement certification
- General Instructor Certification through NC Training and Standards
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose for the Coordinator of Law Enforcement Programs is to provide educational and credentialing opportunities for current law enforcement personnel and those seeking a career in law enforcement and related fields while maintaining program requirements from all credentialing bodies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Develop and supervise courses in the Law Enforcement Program areas.
- Evaluate Programs by conducting class visits at training sites.
- Ensure program accreditation and reaccreditation
- Develop and maintain Facility Agreements with all agencies
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all community entities in all Public Safety sectors.
- Manage and schedule facilities, equipment, supplies and resources with appropriate inventory control.
- Study community needs to guide organization and development of new courses and formats.
- Promote courses and disseminate information in the community.
- Arrange, schedule and maintain training criteria for numerous agencies within NC.
- Coordinate course schedules for on and off campus classes.
- Select, supervise and evaluate qualified instructors.
- Assess instructor needs/concerns.
- Evaluate student concerns and address any issues that may arise in the classroom/clinical setting.
- Support applicable student scholarship opportunities
- Ensure the currency and appropriateness of education books and materials.
- Obtain appropriate approval from state agencies before conducting training.
- Register classes and submit registration materials and fees in timely manner.
- Draft contracts for all qualified course instructors and submit with instructor’s signature.
- Be responsible for all course completion reports, attendance rosters, and compliance reports to State agencies and local agencies.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the in-service requirements, new tactics and techniques, policies and procedures, training requirements and regulations for Law Enforcement Program areas to ensure that all training conforms to State and Federal protocol.
- Maintain up-to-date and current personnel files for instructors and assist in certifications.
- Coordinate educational programs outcomes/performance evaluation based on institutional success factors.
- Monitor and ensure student compliance with State agencies (CJ Standards, Sheriff’s Standards, etc.).
- Manage program evaluations.
- Collaborate to ensure consistent program delivery between other public safety coordinators.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and other sessions related to essential functions
- General work hours are 8a-4pm, with frequent evenings and weekends.
- Create a student-centered environment for on and off campus students
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes and seek help from advisory committees
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community
- Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
- HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.