Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
These qualifications, skills, and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, the candidate will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Experience in developing/implementing professional development and/or high-impact instructional strategies
- Knowledge of and experience with learning management systems
- Proficiency in the use of content authoring tools.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment
- Effective written/oral communication
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Technology or Instructional Design (preferred) or related field
- Experience teaching or training in an educational or corporate environment
- Previous work experience coordinating instructional design and technology projects and/or supervising instructional designers to support teaching and learning
- Experience as an instructional designer or equivalent position
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Moodle
- Teaching experience at a community college
- Experience with Quality Matters
The Coordinator, Learning Design has the following responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to inspire and energize faculty's implementation of innovative and engaging research-based teaching strategies.
- Coordinate instructional design support to enhance student learning outcomes and promote student retention and progression.
- Collaborate with the Center for Teaching and Learning to enhance DCCC’s overall learning environment.
- Lead training and support for the college's LMS to facilitate teaching and learning.
- Implement assessment models to evaluate instruction and professional learning.
- Inform the budgetary process by identifying teaching and learning areas of improvement.
- Foster a campus culture that embraces the strategic use of instructional technology and encourages creativity.
- Network with IT and other technology users across campus to maximize source utilization.
- Attend and participate in required meetings, and serve on college committees as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned that support the mission and initiatives of the College