Closes: Saturday, December 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Successful applicants will have:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet challenges of adult learners with diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with PC platforms with experience in MS Office and ability to learn new technology
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with faculty, staff, students and external partners
- Ability to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical persons.
- Clinical knowledge and experience working in a healthcare related field
- Critical thinking skills necessary to solve complex problems and create schedules
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to Maintain high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
Education and Experience
- AAS degree in healthcare field such as Paramedic, EMT, Medical Assistant, Medical Lab Technologist, LPN or RN
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy/physiology.
- Commitment to obtain Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) certification within two years of hire date.
- BS degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Management Information Technology, Film.
- BS degree in Healthcare discipline
- Experience with providing technical support in networking, computer hardware or software.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) preferred.
Davidson-Davie Community College (DDCC) is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The DDCC community is dedicated to providing a high quality education designed to prepare students to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, DDCC celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. DDCC faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals. DDCC's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
The Coordinator, Medical Simulation at Davidson-Davie Community College is a twelve-month position reporting to the Dean, Health Sciences. The primary efforts will be focused on the day-to-day operation of the medical simulation labs and experiences at Davidson-Davie Community College. The successful candidate will demonstrate openness to new ideas, a flexible mindset that allows changes necessary to meet student needs, and a positive attitude focused on moving the program forward. Other critical qualities for success include a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and students, including exceptional communication skills. A staff member is responsible for engaging in professional development and promoting the College mission, vision, and values.
What you'll do on a typical day:
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and supervise the general operation of simulation laboratory spaces/center to provide a wide variety of patient simulation experiences.
- Oversee the regular preventive maintenance and repair all simulation equipment
- Oversee the set up and take down of simulation laboratory equipment
- Coordinate training for all users of the simulation laboratory including faculty.
- Operate simulation equipment and related equipment as needed
- Maintain simulation spaces and supplies
- Create and maintain a state of the art simulation environment
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and commitment to the mission, vision and values of DDCC
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
Additional Job Functions:
- Coordinate workflow between departments and develop interdisciplinary opportunities.
- Provide technical support for task trainers and multimedia peripherals
- Monitor and prepare laboratory budget.
- Develop an equipment replacement plan
- Network with other lab/simulation coordinators at local/state/national level to develop and utilize best practices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned which support the mission and initiatives of the College.