- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A combination of education or experience equivalent to four years in business development and/or military procurement is required. Must have a working knowledge of military procurement systems and procedures. Excellent writing skills and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database and internet research systems are required.
A Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration or a related field with work experience in military procurement is preferred. Excellent word processing, spreadsheet and data base utilization and internet research skills, including working knowledge of MatchForce.org, MS Office and ACT! client management software are preferred. Bilingual and a National Career Readiness Certificate are preferred.
The Coordinator of the NC Military Business Center (MBC) works with the North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) and the Small Business Center (SBC) and participates on the NCMBC business development team. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change, open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives, a willingness to take risks, and a willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
The MBC Coordinator will
- Conduct public awareness, recruit and counsel area businesses regarding federal contract opportunities.
- Conduct assistance visits to current federal contractors and contracting-capable, mature businesses.
- Assess client companies' business development, capture, contract execution and other capabilities, recommend actions and assist in coordinating with community college and other resources to fill gaps and improve capabilities.
- Develop, coordinate and present training in multiple counties on finding federal contract opportunities, developing proposals for responses to federal solicitations, Wide Area Workflow, evaluating GSA schedule and preparing responses to GSA schedule contract solicitations.
- Identify future and current federal business opportunities within assigned industry(ies) and from assigned federal buying offices. Using the NCMBC ACT! database, identifies NC companies capable of performing the work, and sources the opportunities to these businesses statewide using MS Excel and Outlook.
- Provide one-on-one business assistance services to companies to understand specific federal solicitations and to develop proposals and/or quotes for government contracts, including GSA schedule contracts.
- Assist in developing contract-specific teaming relationships, and assist in planning, coordinating and executing networking events between NC and out-of-state prime contractors.
- Assist in coordinating NCMBC training events (Federal/Defense Contractor Academies and advanced training workshops) within assigned geographic area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain liaison with assigned federal buying offices and small business specialists develops market intelligence on future opportunities and, with the NCMBC webmaster, maintains industry-and agency-specific market intelligence pages on the NCMBC website.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the NCMBC Executive Director and the Wayne Business & Industry Center Executive Director.
If selected for employment, the applicant must submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
INSTITUTION: Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, NC, the College serves Wayne and adjoining counties. Wayne Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A Tobacco Free Campus as of August 1, 2009.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and all supporting materials, including copies of certifications, post-secondary transcripts, resume, and cover letter via ApplicantOne at https://www.waynecc.edu/jobs. No paper applications will be accepted. Applications will be screened, and the most qualified applicants interviewed. All applicants will be notified once the position has been filled.