Closes: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in payroll.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office which includes Word and Excel,
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work effectively with others as a team player.
- Ability to prepare and respond to change in a positive manner.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business-Related Field.
- Experience in the Community College System (specifically in Payroll).
- Experience with Ellucian’s Colleague/Datatel.
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Reporting Experience and/or knowledge.
This position is responsible for the coordination of various job duties necessary for the accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll and related reports; maintains payroll encumbrances; prepares contracts for payment; handles sensitive and confidential information ensuring compliance with college policies, along with state and federal guidelines. This position reports to the Director of Business Office/Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates the various job duties necessary for the completion of payroll in a timely manner and meeting the deadlines set forth by the NCCCS.
- Establishes and maintains part-time contract encumbrances and full-time salary/benefits’ encumbrances; and processed year-end encumbrances close-out.
- Builds stipends for every hourly contract and adjust dates and pay types for all pay by course contracts.
- Reviews and analyzes all payroll data for accuracy; calculate earnings and enter all payroll data; process payroll and verify for accuracy.
- Builds positions for employees and adjust hourly rates/salaries as needed.
- Processes and prints payroll checks, and all related monthly payroll reports, posts payroll to general ledger.
- Enters and maintains direct deposit information on employees; processes and transmits direct deposit payroll; processes all necessary monthly reports.
- Processes federal, state, and local payroll reporting, including income taxes, FICA taxes, retirement, employee benefit deductions and garnishments.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources to perform Affordable Care Act reporting functions.
- Prepares all quarterly, calendar, and fiscal year end payroll reports.
- Prepares annual Longevity funds request.
- Prepares monthly work-site report for Department of Labor.
- Prepares employment verifications when requested.
- Reconciles bank statement for the payroll account monthly.
- Reconciles Payroll Clearing Account monthly.
- Reviews and codes contracts for payment.
- Processes 1095C and W2 forms for employees.
- Processes Compensated Leave records and accruals.
- Manages PT Payroll employee(s) by coordinating work duties.
- Prepares and Processes out-of-state taxes for employees including the monthly payment to the state of residence, and the completion of quarterly and yearly reports.
- Exercises attention to detail to ensure minimalization of errors.
- Attends trainings and/or conferences as required for professional development.
- Serves on appointed committees as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Business Office/Controller.
Required position training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Other payroll/benefit applications
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001