Closes: Monday, August 24, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associates’ degree. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
• Previous community college experience
• Understand and be committed to the unique nature and role of the College.
• Bachelors’ degree. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
• 2 years of previous community college experience.
The Coordinator of Personal Enrichment Programs is responsible for the creation, execution and management of personal enrichment courses. The duties will include planning, scheduling, and marketing Personal Enrichment Classes, and working with partners in the community to bring classes to Forsyth County.
In addition, the coordinator will work with area businesses to create customized classes.
The coordinator will supervise instructors, support staff and communicate with offsite class locations staff. In addition the coordinator will maintain accurate records required by the state and FTCC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
• Make recommendations to the Dean for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
• Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
• Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
• Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
• Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
• Serve on committees as required.
• Participate in college-wide activities.
• Maintains contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
• Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
• Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
• Provide administration with information for institutional publications.
• Recommend to the Dean teaching assignment for instructors.
• Orient new instructors to the job’s responsibilities and to the College’s operations and policies.
• Participate in interviews and recommend employment of full and part-time faculty.
• Assist in employee evaluation through classroom visitation as requested by the Dean.
• Assume responsibility for informing all program faculty about institutional policies.
• Recruit credentialed and qualified part-time teachers for teaching assignments.
• Recommend to the Dean textbooks for adoption and supplementary materials for acquisition.
• Oversee the development of course descriptions and outlines.
• Prepare materials for recommended curriculum changes.
• Prepare annual curriculum course schedules.
• Recommend individuals to serve on curriculum advisory committees.
• Assess, prepare, and implement annual tactical goals.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply online directly to the Forsyth Tech careers portal at careers.forsythtech.edu