Closes: Friday, May 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in education, organizational development, human resources, adult education, or related field, AND
- One to two years of experience in training and development-related functions including two years of experience as a facilitator or trainer or providing staff event support, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in training, education, organizational development, human resources, adult education, or related field.
The Central Carolina Community College 2015-2019 Strategic Plan lists "Learning First" as the primary institutional goal. All faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process.
Under minimal direction, the Coordinator of Professional Development facilitates and coordinates the daily functions of the college's professional development efforts in close collaboration with campus partners, including oversight of the institutional professional development program, workshops and resources that enhance the student learning and teaching environment; plans and implements various programs to address institutional, departmental, and individual training needs aligned with the college's strategic plan; and performs related work as required.
Performs a variety of tasks in directing professional development activities and offers transferrable training to employees.
- Develops an annual professional development plan in collaboration with the executive director aligning with institutional goals and objectives; facilitates and develops related programs throughout the year.
- Develop professional development programs and workshops to meet student equity and success goals, as well as the general professional development needs of faculty in collaboration with deans and directors.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Department on coordination of training activities for specific constituency groups.
- Continually interact with all departments (learning, workforce development, and non-instructional) of the college to evaluate professional development needs. Use this information to design and conduct internal and external training sessions hosted by the Center for Academic Excellence, or assistance with coordination training events in collaboration with departments
- Performs a variety of tasks in directing professional development and leadership activities and offers transferrable training to employees.
- Oversee facilitation of professional development sessions and courses to include new hire training modules.
- Manage changes and updates of the Professional Development webpage and respective Blackboard courses.
- Manage online event management system.
- Serve as administrator for online training systems (Hoonuit or comparable).
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments and evaluations of all professional development activities.
- Attend seminars, conferences and workshops to continuously strengthen professional knowledge.
- Develop and monitor budgets; ensure compliance with college and state policy, maintains memberships and liaison relationships with state and national professional development organizations as appropriate.
- Manage logistics of professional development training including venues, vendors and facilitators to include annual conferences.
- Manage communication of Professional Development and Leadership opportunities conveyed to the college.
- Provide support to the Academic & Cultural Enrichment Series (ACES) as necessary.
- Serve as Chair of the Professional Development committee.
- Collaborate with Center for Academic Excellence team members as well as departmental chairs on faculty professional development training initiatives.
- Recruit internal and external facilitators for Professional Development activities.
- Help coordinate New Employee Orientation and Welcome Week.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director of the Center for Academic Excellence.