High Point, NC
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Two years teaching experience in Adult Education (Basic Skills) and/or industry training.
• Three years’ progressive experience in the administration of Adult Education (Basic Skills) programming including employee supervision.
• Second language acquisition experience.
• Experience with curriculum design.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Master’s degree in Adult Education, Education or a related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Greater than two years of teaching experience in Adult Education (Basic Skills) and/or industry training.
• Greater than three years’ progressive experience in the administration of Adult Education (Basic Skills) programming including employee supervision.
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
• Proficiency/fluency in a second language.
The ESOL Coordinator position is housed in the Adult Education program, which provides Basic Skills Education to adults who have not completed a high school credential, who are functioning at less than a ninth-grade level, or who are non-native English speakers, working to increase their English literacy skills. The purpose of this position is to provide direct supervision and management of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program. The Coordinator is responsible, but not limited to, developing, planning, organizing and monitoring on- and off-campus programs. The incumbent will be responsible for the orderly execution of the programs, to include supervision of instructors and students, student advisement and registration, recruitment and retention, curriculum and faculty development, and preparing program reports. This person reports to the Director of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact